The People in Retail Awards 2023: Unveiling the Shortlist for Retail’s Finest
The Retail Bulletin recently announced the highly anticipated shortlist for the prestigious People in Retail Awards (PIRA) 2023.
The People in Retail Awards are a platform to recognise and celebrate those who have made outstanding contributions or demonstrated excellence in the retail sector. They shine a spotlight on individuals and businesses that have gone the extra mile, raising the bar for the entire industry. These awards applaud the very best in retail, acknowledging the crucial role that people play as the heartbeat of any successful organisation.
The finalists have been carefully selected from 12 categories by a panel of judges after a thorough evaluation process.
Regarding the shortlisted candidates, a Spokesperson from the judging panel commented:
“These remarkable individuals and retailers have displayed unwavering commitment, outstanding achievements, and a relentless pursuit of excellence in their respective roles. The entries were exceptional, impressive, and inspiring.”
The People in Retail Awards aim to accomplish several important goals, including celebrating exceptional individuals within retail, showcasing retail talent on a national scale, providing a benchmark for businesses to improve work environments, and encouraging the industry to adopt a people-first philosophy.
“We are delighted to unveil the shortlist for the People in Retail Awards 2023, representing a constellation of outstanding talent, passion and dedication,” said Natalie Fresen, Chief People Champion for the PIRA. “The Retail Bulletin extends its appreciation and congratulations to all retailers who participated in this year’s awards.”
The shortlist is confirmed as follows:
- Retail Employer of the Year: Fatface, Lincolnshire Coop, Rituals, Sue Ryder, The Perfume Shop.
- Employee of the Year: All Saints: Nicole Bonner, Bird Blend & Tea Co: Mellisa Perrin, Charles Tyrwhitt: 1. Lewis Felix & 2. Jason Brownlee, McDonalds: Reuben Smith (Oxford Street), ScS Group: Sam Hillock & Dawn Stell.
- Manager of the Year: Bird Blend & Tea Co.: Becky Wright, Charles Tyrwhitt: Stephanie Beattie, Lounge Underwear: Georgia Perry, Lush: 1. Bethan Watts, 2. Andreea Claponea, McDonalds: Sam Tykt (Manchester), ScS Group: Suzanne Coyle, Signet (H Samuel): 1. Clarissa Hayes, 2. Gemma Lee, The Perfume Shop: Nicky Golding.
- Rising Spark Award: Dreams: Jake Worrall, KellyDeli: Colin Campbell, Naturally Tribal Skincare: Hannah White.
- Executive Leader of the Year: Better Decisions Group: Thomas Owen, Lincolnshire Coop: Heather Lee, Sitoo: Jens Levin, XY Retail: Susan Jeffers.
- Mentor /Trainer of the Year: Lincolnshire Coop: EDLP programme, Lincolnshire Coop: LEAP programme, The Perfume Shop: The team; Sally Little, Lauren Jacobs, Mike Egan, Gergely Markus.
- Store Champion/Team of the Year: Bird Blend & Tea Co.: 1. The CX team & 2. Becky Wright, Fortnum & Mason: The Royal Exchange, Rituals: Lakeside store, Signet (H Samuel): Team Bluewater, The Perfume Shop: Nicky Golding, Derby.
- Spirit of Excellence Award: Brazil: Sacha Zackariya, Dreams: Octavia Benham, Fortnum & Mason: Food & Drink Project Team, John Lewis Partnership: “Building Happier Futures” campaign, National Timber Group: Victoria Hammond, ScS Group: Anne Marie McCourt.
- Customer Service Champion or Team of the Year: Halfords with Webhelp, Look Fabulous Forever: Caroline Geraerts and Julie Procter, Customer Services Team, ScS Group: Kieren Brown.
- Diversity &/or Challenge of Year: AF Blakemore: The ‘’Woman in Blakemore”, All Saints: Nicole Bonner, Lincolnshire Coop: IT Trainer for age inclusion.
- Ecom &/or Tech Engagement of the Year: Asda: The Ecommerce Team, Better Decisions Group, Fortnum & Mason: The Stock Operations Teams, MGM Timber: The Ecommerce Team, Sitoo: Jimmy Fallby.
Winners of the 2023 awards will be revealed at a black-tie gala in London on 21st September, which promises to be the pinnacle of recognition, camaraderie, and celebration within the industry.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Natalie Fresen, Chief People Champion for PIRA 2023, The Retail Bulletin, 077-49326885 | [email protected]
About The Retail Bulletin:
The Retail Bulletin (TRB) stands at the forefront as an independent online retail news and community connection platform, dedicated to delivering the latest developments in the retail industry to retailers, sector specialists, and influencers. Since its establishment in 2002, TRB has provided a free daily news service that keeps readers informed with breaking news stories, results, appointments, and trends. TRB’s news alerts go beyond headlines, offering exclusive high-quality commentary and data-driven insights and perspectives, ensuring their readers stay one step ahead of the ever-evolving retail landscape. In addition, TRB is widely recognised for its impactful conferences, engaging round tables, and customer events. These events serve as dynamic platforms for industry leaders to gather, exchange ideas, and collaborate on shaping the future of retail. By fostering an environment of learning, innovation, and networking, TRB actively contributes to the growth and development of the retail sector. TRB proudly launched the People in Retail Awards in 2023. These awards honour remarkable individuals and organisations that drive the success of the retail sector. By celebrating excellence, TRB underscores the importance of recognising those who shape the industry’s future. TRB’s mission is clear: to inform, educate, collaborate, and connect. By providing a comprehensive platform that combines news, events, and recognition, TRB continues to empower retailers with unparalleled insights and connections. For more information, visit https://www.theretailbulletin.com